Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market – Introduction
- An adaptive traffic control system is a process by which the timing of a traffic signal is continuously adjusted based on the traffic at intersections. Moreover, adaptive traffic control systems provide a fixed timing for green signal at each intersection and update the anticipated arrivals for adjacent intersections. Additionally, as arrival patterns change from time to time, the timing for green signal at each intersection also changes.
- An adaptive traffic control system first collects data from sensors and, then, the data is evaluated and signal timing is allocated. Finally, the adaptive system is integrated with signal timing updates and performance is evaluated through remote monitoring. After this, the same process is repeated continuously by using internal hardware and software. Moreover, these systems share information with each other and make necessary adjustments to signal timing parameters for reducing traffic jam issues.
- Adaptive traffic control systems improve the travel time reliability by progressively moving vehicles through green lights and reduce traffic congestion by creating smoother flow. Moreover, it also reduces excess fuel consumption and wastage of time. However, the traditional signal timing design and maintenance is labor intensive and it leads to high maintenance costs as well as less durability. Use of adaptive traffic control systems has overcome issues associated with traditional signal systems and has provided an automated process.
- Adaptive traffic control systems use the real-time traffic data and adjust the signal timing accordingly. Moreover, it tracks various events that cannot be anticipated with the traditional signal systems, such as accidents and road construction activities. It maximizes the capacity of the existing systems. This, in turn, reduces operational costs for both system users and operating agencies. Additionally, it can also help in decreasing the level of emissions of carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons by smoothening the traffic flow.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market – Dynamics
Increasing Traffic and Government Initiatives to Boost Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- Increasing traffic congestion year by year has caused increase in air pollution, waste of time and productivity, and various respiratory diseases. Furthermore, the cost of resolving traffic congestion is high. Governments are also taking initiatives for traffic management and promoting the PPP (public–private partnership) working model. Moreover, growing population and increasing purchasing power of consumers are leading to rise in traffic jams. In order to overcome this issue, adaptive traffic control systems are required.
Increase in Security Issues and Lack of Standardized and Uniform Technologies to Hamper Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- Government and enterprises are adopting advance technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence and internet of things (IoT) for simplifying their processes and reduce human intervention. However, chances of security breach are increasing due to digitization of processes. This is estimated to adversely affect the global adaptive traffic control system market during the forecast period. Additionally, lack of standardized and uniform technologies is likely to hamper the global adaptive traffic control system market in the near future.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Adaptive Traffic Control System Market
- TRL Krosaki Refractories Limited
- Atkins Group (SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.)
- Cubic Corporation
- EFKON INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
- Siemens AG
- Swarco Holding
- TransCore Atlantic LLC
- IBM Corporation